View Single Post
Old 02-16-12, 12:00 AM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
I think everyone likes different things.

I tried a glue-on helmet mirror, it vibrated too much. I tried a clamp-on helmet mirror. The place where it needs to clamp is sloped "downhill", if that makes sense, where it just won't clamp on. I've tried two or three different eye-glass mirrors. One seemed heavy, don't remember about another one. The one I DO like is a "Cycleaware". Even with it, it clips onto eyeglasses but can be knocked off, so I have a rubber band around it, too.

So just buy $75 worth of mirrors, and you'll probably find one you like, too.

One of the low points of my cycling adventures was when I was riding along, wiped the sweat off my forehead, and in doing so, accidentally snagged my mirror, and knocked my glasses off. Fortunately, I was going very slow at the time. Unfortunately, I couldn't see my glasses when they were on the ground. Fortunately, one of the ladies in the group discerned what the problem was and picked them up for me.

Oh, the bifocal question. My peripheral vision is fairly fuzzy anyway. So a lot of what I see in the mirror is not very sharp, but it's still worth having the mirror. The biggest issue with sharpness is sometimes I can't tell if a rider is still back there if he's too far back.