Old 02-17-12, 07:41 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by echotraveler
OP Ive evolved riding a Roubaix, and im riding with a VERY demanding pack of riders on REALLY agressive bikes (time racer, look[not sure of the model, but its the stiffest thy sell]) this 2 riders are specially fast. I've had no problems demanding from my roubaix to keep up, im the one that needs to get better every day. As i get fitter and faster my bike will let me shine better on long rides against stiffer bikes.

To state some comparison (not the best data, taken from my bicycle computer) my avrg(not max speed) speed has gone from 17mph on 50 miles rides to a current 22mph+ avrg (with no hills, not much wind) and i believe getting better as i get used to speed (with stronger riders) on longer rides (this avrg is always in a group of 3 or 4 people sharing the work). By no means i
Am i a racer, but do enjoy riding with all i got to get better and better. Still on my way to loose 15 pounds and its getting difficult. But surely riding with the animals im riding with will help X1000
Further verification, I have chosen the right bike with the Roubaix. I haven't had my new Roubaix Pro out in a group ride yet to see how fast it is. By all indications are which is confirmed by a lot of reviews, its stiffness where it matters makes it as fast any bike out there but only with better ride quality which will bode well on the poor roads I ride on in the midwest. You do ride with some fast guys if you are averaging 22mph. My group rides sometimes average that speed but it is indeed rare.
If there is a dyamic that creates a stronger rider, it is as you say, ride with fast guys that are trying to drop one another and you will become faster. My circle of friends are good riders and we occassionally latch onto guys who try to drop us and we can generally keep up.

Last edited by Campag4life; 02-17-12 at 07:46 AM.