View Single Post
Old 02-18-12, 07:47 PM
99m6z28

Bikes: 2012 Cervelo RS, 2012 Trek Superfly AL Elite, 2008 Motobecane Vent Noir, 1976 Raleigh Fixie conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkadam68
At your weight, it shouldn't be too hard to find stuff that fits. I'm about 20 pounds heavier, and I find some good stuff.

I have team clothing from Pactimo and Biemme. Biemme fits best, just a tad larger than Pactimo's, certainly more stretchy. These were gotten through team orders, but you could just check out their websites to find a dealer.

I also have purchased online some Castelli and Hincapie. My Hincapie shorts fit the loosest of all four brands. I have one Hincapie jersey and it is loose, too loose in fact--I don't like wearing it.

Castelli shorts fit the tightest of the four, but the jersey I own is fine. The cuts on the Castelli are perfect for riding (not necessarily walking upright). Castelli has a complete range of cycling clothing: arm, knee & leg warmers, wind vests, jackets, gloves, caps, etc...

I got both Hincapie & Castelli through Bonktown. They sell one item at a time, just watch for the deals. Other clothing I have gotten online I use Google Shopping to find the best deals.

I tend to favor the "second skin" fit, otherwise known as "race cut" or "european cut". I don't like the look of myself in them (say, "sausage casing"), but then, once I'm out there, hammering away, how I look isn't high on my priorities.
Thanks for the info. I believe the 2 I just bought are european cut. I am sure they wont look at bad once I am on the bike but I just hate the way I look when standing upright. I will be on the lookout for some club fit. I just hate to buy too much and then lose weight and them be too big. I guess that wouldnt be a negative trade off. I also have no problem with shorts. My LBS really dont have a big selection of clothes and they are the only place to buy except for Academy that only carries Canari which I dislike. Anyway, Thanks again!