Old 02-20-12, 03:30 AM
though

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deore front caliper position and deore hub removal

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm a newbie at bike meintenance as well. I got two questions.

1. I have a bike which has all deore components and deore hyros. I've noticed that front brake caliper is mounted on the adapter piece with some washers (there are washers inbetween adapter piece and caliper) and front brake pad is not pressing on the whole face of the rotor (see attchd. pic.). Is that normal? Could it be done that way to prevent locking or excessive braking force on the front tyre? This configuration obviously creates a set on my pads so I'm thinking of removing the washers. I actually tried and there wasn't any problems, but I put them back on because the pads have set on their face. So I'll buy new pads to remove the washers. Should I

2. I will service my hubs because when I take out the tyre and hold the tyre still and rotate the center pin, it feels gritty (not that it makes any noises, and it has good coast, but still..). So I bought Shimano TL-LR 15 tool to remove the rotor, but when I inspected, it seems that I can remove the hub center from the right side (where there isn't a rotor, hence no need for the shimano tool), did I bought this thing for nothing or am I supposed to remove the hub center from left (rotor) side for any reason?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
kqAD3.jpg (70.7 KB, 9 views)