Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbenaugust
You have a Moulton, too??!?! Ugh, you and your awesome bikes.
My friend is a Moulton collector and it was his green Moulton "Speed" that I wanted to emulate and he drew his inspiration from the bicycle I pictured... having ridden his bike it made me want one of my own.

He already has half a dozen gorgeous restored and customized Moultons that span 30 years of production and had a few spares he wanted to give to people who would appreciate them.

I wish I didn't have the Dawes as it belonged to a friend who passed away earlier this year and he was building it into an all rounder / tourer and we had plans to take our respective folders on some adventures.

Bikes are just things... I would much rather have my friend back as he was one of the most brilliant and generous of people and considered me a mentor in all things bike related and was a great student and teacher himself.

His family gave me his Dawes and when it is finished I will raise a glass of iced tea and take it for a ride, in memory of my friend, and if anyone wants to do the same it will be kept here for safe keeping.