Old 02-24-12, 07:27 PM
whitefiretiger
I love custom cruisers

Bikes: Versato Riviera 21spd cruiser, 2005 Schwinn Typhoon cruiser 700c wheels, Ocean Pacific cruiser 6spd suicide front brake, 1993 Giant Acapulco SS conversion project

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive been trying to decide what to do for a few of my bikes as i run slicks on 3 out of my 4 bikes. ive been lucky for the most part but i live in a rough neighborhood and you cant go more than a block or two without coming across broken glass or other bs for about two miles in any dirrection from my house. the worst luck ive had so far was a cross town ride to a doc office in the fall. had two spare tubes with me and had slime in the tires figured id be good to go. got about 3/4 the way to my apt. and hurd a pop and woosh and back tire was flat. i knew from the sound the goop in the tire would be no help so i quickly pulled the tire and the tube had a blow out rip in it about 2" long. put new tube and got back on my way. on the way home the same thing happened to the front. about two miles from home i got a flat again. ran over a screw. patched it and got home. to date every tube ive had goog in has blown in a simular way of just going and having a big rip in it. one even did it setting in my livingroom that hadnt been riden in weeks. i no longer use goop in my tubes and have been wondering how good the liners are.