mac4095
Buffalo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbo47
Nice pictures Mac4095!

It turned out really nice today after all that wind yesterday, but there was a little chill to the air while you were riding, but not bad once you warmed up.

I've been by the Tea gardens many times but never stopped.

Brackenridge park is one of my favorite rides, usually on Sunday mornings I park over at the Pearl, and swing down along the river walk and ride through some of downtown along St. Mary's and then back up to Pearl and take the river trail under I37 and along the side of the golf course and ride around Brackenridge park and the Zoo.

Next Sunday they are having the second Siclovia on the 4th of March.

I went to the one they had last year only because that was my normal Sunday ride like I posted above and I noticed all the cops and barrackades blocking traffic off of Broadway, and then found out what it was all about.

It's where they close off several blocks of Broadway from the Witte Museum all the way to downtown and they have several stages along the way where they have music and some bands and various booths set up and some bike shops display along the route.

People bring their volley balls, footballs, and bikes, skateboards, roller blades, skates and running/walking shoes and everyone just gets out and plays from around 10 a.m. until about 4 p.m.

You just cruise and watch the people, listen to the music, and just have fun.

I'll be there!

http://siclovia.org/what-is-siclovia.html

Thanks for the info! Strange I've not heard anything in local media about this event. Going to make plans to check it out, maybe we will see you down there.