View Single Post
Old 02-27-12, 04:25 PM
rhino919

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dean V
I would prefer a longer seat tube for the stoker. Mainly because I think it would look better. Looong seat posts look a bit like they should be on a mountain bike rather than a road bike to me.
I actually prefer the highly sloped TT design with a long seatpost, but appreciate that there are many that don't. I would guess that there will be those that look at the final product and think how much better it could have been if they had just......

Originally Posted by Dean V
Also unsure about having your top tube length so that you need a 130mm stem. I guess it is ok if you are absolutely sure on the positioning, but if you decided to move your saddle back a bit or just wanted a bit more reach it doesn't give you much room to move as far as getting a longer stem.
Good comment! I've spent some hours "agonizing" over this decision and hope that I have gotten it right. One advantage of a tandem is that you can use a long stem without worry for overloading the front wheel. If anything, I would expect to shorten my reach rather than lengthen it as my body ages.