View Single Post
Old 02-28-12, 07:54 AM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi
BTW, if you do part it out, make sure you sell the seatpost with the frame as the oddball 25mm item is not that common and most buyers will not want to be bothered with trying to find and buy them. I suspect that the frame with the seatpost will sell faster and maybe for even little a bit more money compared to selling them separately.

Chombi
Probably. But Kalloy still makes a 25mm seat post. Not too hard to find.

I picked up a 979 frameset recently for 35$. I think that is the lower end of value on the frameset alone. As the bikes get bigger, they get harder to sell, more so in the case of Vituses, because they have a reputation for being whippy. I don't know, but mine (60cm) should be ready to ride in the next couple of days and I will certainly find out. I suspect I'll like it more than any other aluminum bike I've ever ridden, all of which were way stiff and harsh.

So you're talking largely parts value here. 300$ seems right, but you'll likely get more in parts, given the retrofriction shifters and the post.

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!