View Single Post
Old 02-29-12, 11:22 PM
msmith0957

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, I see my post got a lot more attention than I expected.

I'm new to the bike scene, so there's a still a lot for me to learn. Purpose of my question was to gain a little bit of information, to avoid ending up with something I would later regret. From the comments above, I ended up going with a Kalloy Uno from ebay.

The only negative feedback I heard (on another forum) was that the bolts on some of these posts are cheap, and unsafe. I read that one rider had his bolt break in half on two separate occasions from a Kalloy post, the second time seriously injuring himself. I'll be riding this bike in the city; crazy and congested traffic is not uncommon. I don't even want to think about a crash!

I don't care about flash, if anything, I'd prefer my bike go unnoticed. Bike thefts are common here in Philly. I'm just looking for something that 'works' and I think the Uno will do me justice.

Oh and.. regarding dimensions, I'm confident in it being a 25.8mm. All I knew originally was that it is a mid-90s DB Sorrento. After a little research, I found a seatpost database showing a few 1990s Sorrentos (who woulda thought). I still wasn't sure of the year, but after taking a caliper (accurate to .001 of an inch) to the bike frame, was able to measure just about 25.8mm. Therefore.. I think it's safe to say its a 1994 Sorrento

Last edited by msmith0957; 02-29-12 at 11:33 PM.