Old 03-01-12, 08:15 AM
eddubal
Mud, Gore & Guts

Bikes: 2012 Van Dessel Gin & Trombones; 2011 Masi Speciale SSCX; '87 Peugeot Cannonball Express

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Boulder's a shoe-in. Of course it's going to be a good place.

Of anywhere in Texas, Austin's the place for it. That will probably one hell of a party too.

I'm psyched for Asheville. It's a cool town, and this should be a good match. The Biltmore estate that it's on will likely facilitate a challenging course. There's an enormous possibility of major grade changes and technical sections. The area's too good to let go, so I'm sure that's part of the decision to award it to them without specifically bidding on 2016. I'm sure there's going to be some fallout from this controversial decision, but I'm happy there's going to be a nationals there.

At any of these, there's a thriving CX scene that will only grow with their upcoming events. I agree with he committee to change the venue each year. Although having each venue host twice allows each venue to improve for the second year, it's going to grow the sport as a whole faster to switch it up each year to distinctly different regions.