View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 12:47 PM
3rdwind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hearty greetings everyone,
umm....im new here and im glad i found this website in hopes that i can finally get the advice that ive been craving for and been futile in receiving thus far. i am in the process of buying a bike and am consent in finalizing my purchase for a marin muirwoods ($400). i chose this bike because i want it for road riding;and chose not a "road bike" because its just that the roads here in houston are terrible i tells ya-terrible-and not only that but i must be able to suddenly change my avenue of direction when hauling ass down the road seeing that people here would not stop for me and in turn i dont wanna be stopping for them, so. this might require me to very often go over curves, cracked sidewalks, unfinished pavement, dirt roads with rocks, etc...oh, yeah and sometimes i wanna be caught in the rain......ok, even though this is partly true its really an excuse. i just wanna have the adventure and do such things sometimes! i dont want my bike to have such limitations as i belive the road bikes to have with such skinny tires. i've never road one but according to my rough riding habits i dont think such a bike is ideal for me. unless the marin fairfax alps/road ($640)-www.marinbikes.com-fits such description? does any one think so or know? see according to yas comments i have read relating to this hybrid vs. road my mind is kinda wanting a road bike now simply because i do wanna tour and haul ass in it all over houston even though is congested. but then again like i said it must be tough so i need a medium. does this fairfax fit this medium, anyone? or is there any other bikes out there that might fit this my specific needs with the max price of $700 (but i prefer $400 or so). i would liken all comments from everyone if possible? i would greatly appreciate it and be excited to get any feedback, thanks.