View Single Post
Old 03-01-12, 11:11 PM
es1bkacsur

Bikes: Custom Cannondale built from spare parts.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Fixie wheel? What's it worth?

The only time I've seen a bolt-on wheel made to this level of quality was on a fixie so I'm guessing that's what it's for or am I wrong? I'd also like to know what it's worth scince I have no use for it & plan to sell it.

Desription: Bianchi wide flange hub, axle looks like stainless steel, nuts with captured washers & I don't know if bearings are sealed but they feel silky smooth.
Spokes are 14Ga (2.0mm) for 4cm coming out of hub & out of rim while the middle necks down to 15Ga (1.8mm). 6 of the stock spokes have been replaced with spokes that are 14Ga full length.
Rim is an Alexrims AT400 Double Wall 6061H-T6, size 662X14 for a 700C clincher tire running Presta valve tube. Rim rubber is a red FSA.
Condition is good (7 on a 1 to 10 scale). True condition-Lateral runout (side-to side) is about +/- .008" (.20mm), looks dead-on to the naked eye. Radial runout (roundness) is about +/- 1mm (.039") & can be seen on visual inspection.
I mounted a Bontrager Sport 700C X 23 tire, put it on my 18 speed Cannodale & rode a couple of miles but could not feel the +/- 1mm out of roundness.