View Single Post
Old 03-03-12, 10:33 AM
Discusman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncfisherman
Some detailed photos of this brakeset(both caliper and lever) would be really helpful. You may not even need syringes to bleed your brakes - might be as simple as hooking some tubing up to the caliper bleed nipple and adding fluid to the top reservoir. Of course, if your seals are damaged(and assuming you can't get replacements), you may just be wasting your time trying to fix them.
I used the method you stated in your replay and it worked before. But I tried to fix the brake using the same method last weekend and it didn't work, but given the fact that I didn't have a air tube attached bleed nipple at that time. So I am getting a clear air tube to try it again today. I pumped the brake leveler so the oil can be pumped through the line to brake caliper.

However, the syringes will be a better way to bleed the brakes. Anyway, let's see what's the outcome of attempt today. If not, I may need to buy some syringes oversea.

I like the new Shimano brake sets, but I'm kind of hesitate to throw down $200-$300 for them when I'm not sure how often I will be riding the bike.