View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 05:24 PM
squeegy200

Bikes: Colnago Altain, Klein Pulse II, Stumpjumper FSR, GT Zaskar LE, Pedalforce RS2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DocRay
About the "vanishing twin" idea. Yes, this is a theoretical possiblity for the mixed blood that led to the TH banning. There are lots of legitimate explanations for why mixed blood could appear to look like blood doping. And back in April, I though Hamilton was being given a raw deal, and that he would soon be exonerated, BUT, there is a reliable way to test for this concept that Hamilton could be a genetic chimera (rare, but does happen).

Hamilton will not consent to have these tests done. If he is a genetic chimera, he could prove it, but he won't.

And now, his blog is just questioning everything else about the WADA not related to his case, arguing that if they made a past mistake, they did the same to him. This is cheap lawyer talk and diversion. I supported this guy, but I can't say I respect him any more. He's arguing like a guilty person now.
The unborn twin theory insulted my intelligence. Does he think we're stupid? How do you explain Santiago Perez as having the exact same results at the same time on the same team? How do you challenge the accuracy of the testing procedures when NO ONE else in the professional peloton has tested positive for the same blood test?

Another parallel theory presented by his legal team is that Phonak was a victim of extortion. This was being argued at the same time as the "unborn Twin" theory was being presented. The extortion claimed that Santiago and Tyler would both prove positive if they didn't hand over a large amount of money.

The facts remain:
Tyler was contacted by the UCI earlier in the year for testing with suspiciously high hematocrit levels. This occurred a few months before the Olympics. I had read that Blood doping is often used to mask the indicators of EPO and high hematocrit.

Tyler needs to graciously walk away while his reputation is still intact. His work with his foundation will be more effective. He he continues to insult the intelligence of the cycling industry his last remaining asset--his marketability will be lost and credibility of his non-profit foundation will be tarnished.