Old 03-05-12, 03:54 AM
freighttraininguphill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First ride on a popular local trail

As some of you already know, I'm just getting back into mountain biking after 15 years of road cycling. I've done four mtb rides so far on my new 29er. The ride reports with videos and pictures from all three rides have been posted here in C/A.

This is the Foresthill Divide Loop Trail (FDLT) near Auburn, CA. I thought it was supposed to be a 23 mile ride, but it ended up being less than 12 miles. It's only 23 miles if you include some of the other trails in the area. Near the end of the ride I ended up riding some parts of the trail twice when I entered it from the trailhead I parked at. That brought the amount of climbing from 1,500' to almost 2,000'. Still not as much as I'd like, but it'll do. I'll make up for it on the next climbing ride.

When I arrived at the trailhead, the parking area was full and there were three other vehicles waiting to park, so I drove down the road a bit and parked at another trailhead. So far, I have had to ride on the road to get to every mtb ride I've ever done due to parking shortages, which is kind of cool as it adds to the climbing.

The first good view from the trail.

view from Foresthill Divide Loop Trail by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

After crossing Foresthill Road. This is the trailhead across from Drivers Flat Road.

FDLT Drivers Flat trailhead by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Trail signs with mountain lion warning sign.

FDLT trail signs with mountain lion warning sign by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Trail signs put up by the Folsom-Auburn Trail Riders Action Coalition (FATRAC)

FDLT trail signs by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Return trip view

view from Foresthill Divide Loop Trail 2 by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Trailhead I parked at

Brushy Mnt-Fuel Break trailhead by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 11-14-18 at 03:14 PM.