Old 03-06-12, 03:03 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TandemGeek
Yeah, it's a bit of a kluged-together machine...
It would be nice to find a photo with the Di2 FD on board, to corroborate the story. From their NAHBS blurb. They were looking, apparently, to show how a savvy stoker can be let in on the action with Di2. But with a ride in vertiginous Santa Cruz on tap, they were loath to part with the triple.

Originally Posted by Kent Erickson at NAHBS
We get a lot of press over the year that pops up as a result of being at the show. It seems to get us a lot of sales, particularly when we get awards. We usually just bring bikes we’ve made for customers rather than special show bikes. We did make the tandem for the show, but I wanted a road tandem and this is my personal bike, finished just before the show. We will ride it for the first real ride in Santa Cruz after the show. It uses electronic shift DI2 and has dual control front and back so my stoker with RAAM experience can shift and brake also.
The placard with the bike explains further, the Di2 FD for with a double, and a mechanical FD for with a triple. It sorta kinda makes sense...maybe.