Old 03-08-12, 10:34 AM
hiyer1

Bikes: 2012 Cervelo S5 Rival and 2012 Speed Concept 9.9 Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interview Questions
1. Do you own a Traditional Briefcase? If yes, do you carry it when you commute to work?
No, and no.
2. What means of document transportation do you use?
laptop - we work on the cloud. When I do need to carry papers (rarely) I fold them and put them in my backpack
3. Are there any faults with today’s methods of bringing items from home to work?
Wouldn't say so - panniers are really un-aero, so I use a backpack
4. When commuting by bicycle do you carry items on your person?
Yes - backpack. I carry my lunch, 1.5 liters of water in a bladder, change of clothes, wallet, cell phone, rain gear (if needed), lights, and alan wrench(s). I used to carry laptop, but now I leave it at work. I don't carry a spare tire or emergency kit - those are for suckers =P
5. Does your job offer a locker or changing area?
No - don't know what I'll do in the summer since there's no shower -_-
6. How do you feel after riding your bicycle to work/home morning/afternoon?
f'ing amazing...but really hungry. Sometimes I get home and go for a run afterwards =D. In the morning - it gives me energy for the rest of the day
7. What do you think would improve with your current methods of carrying gear pro’s and con’s?
I want aero storage for a change of clothes that fits on my road/racing bike.
8. What is the atmosphere inside the boardroom?
Laid back - casual, it's a tech company. One time I was late and I sat in on the weekly status meeting in spandex...they were cool with it
9. Do you bring your current means of document transportation into the boardroom?
my laptop? yeah.
10. What is the preferred means of carrying documents/work into the boardroom where you work?
in our hands with no folder or anything - just some loose papers (usually handouts)
11. What are business people wearing to work when they commute?
depends on length. I wear spandex because I go 17 miles. If I was going less than 10 and the weather was not hot, I'd wear work clothes.
12. How these methods affect commuting by bicycle?
They don't really
13. Do you notice any trends within the cycling commuters?
Lot more women - no complaints there