Old 03-11-12, 08:28 PM
Jaytron
Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter

Bikes: CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Wow, thanks for the awesome info Carleton. I'm stoked to finally be a "Trackie" haha. I had so much fun. I feel like I'm much more of a sprinter, I've never been an endurance athlete, and was more about bursts of speed when playing casual sports.

The location is correct, I actually can ride to the velodrome (although after how much the first training session kicked my ass, I may drive next time). I also have a ton of friends that ride road, and I can easily hop on a trail and ride 30~50mi without cars in the way. (I do own a roadie as well as my fixed, the fixed is typically my commuter as well). Our local track is pretty awesome, after my beginner courses, I may try to hop in the advanced training open track days to observe and talk to the more experienced track guys. Hopefully they're pretty friendly as well.

I'm stoked for the time change, the extra hours of daylight will be awesome.

As for gear ratio to run/not to run... Right now I'm running 49/18, which is about 72gi.. Not sure if I should bump it up or not. Sure I'll have a greater top speed, but if it burns out my legs quicker in the process, is it still worth it?

Bonus- There was a photographer and I got lucky enough for him to snap an awesome shot of me:

Last edited by Jaytron; 03-11-12 at 09:41 PM.