Old 03-13-12, 12:02 AM
icyclist 
Spin Meister

Bikes: Trek Émonda, 1961 Follis (French) road bike (I'm the original owner), a fixie, a mountain bike, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 16 Posts
A California Century in a Day - Photos of the Solvang Century

It's not too difficult to make photographs of the Solvang Century from the back of a tandem, although I did have to put the camera away when we got down to business on the hills.

At 64, I felt great on the hilly ride - 5,000+ feet of climbing. My brother, Dan, felt good on the ride, too. Lots of training on steep hills gave us plenty of power, and we were careful to parcel out that power over most of the ride, finally cutting loose for real on the final big hill.

As usual, the scenery was sublime. The mountains of the Central Coast Range looked like the green hills of the Emerald Isle.

That's my brother Dan, in the captain's chair, me following close behind. We traded saddles every once in a while.

There was plenty of good food.

I had to pass this beautiful cyclist to make her portrait. She was a good sport, smiling for the old guy on the back of a tandem.

Last edited by icyclist; 03-13-12 at 12:15 AM.