View Single Post
Old 03-14-12, 06:12 AM
kv501

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
It just occurred to me -- I wonder what Dr. Wahls was eating before. She talks about the drugs she took, but not her old diet.
She is a medical professor at a major university; she should know the difference between correlation and causation. I say that (partially) in jest, because I'm sure she knows very well how pseudo-scientific her opinions are. My grandfather lived into his late 80s and had hits wits about him to the end. The man never exercised in his life other than while working, ate bacon every day, smoked, and did everything else you could imagine that wasn't healthy. By this woman's reasoning, since it worked for him I should try the same thing and could get the same results.

Now, we all know that that's not the truth because we have scientific proof that the odds are living like that will kill you. But I use the example to illustrate that her "cure" for MS has absolutely no scientific proof, explanation, or basis in reality. She is (IMO) a woman who was blindsided by a terrible disease in the prime of her life, went slightly wacko scrambling for a cure, had her MS go into remission (which she also states in her bio), and now is giving people a very dangerous false hope (see my post #6 above). I think it's totally irresponsible. Her MS went into remission, and since at the time she was eating a lot of vegetables, she tells you to spend a house payment on her books and DVDs (that's the key here), and that you don't need to go get sound medical advise...or chemo...or drugs...or any other proven treatment.