Old 07-24-05, 12:12 PM
Cadd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by notfred
Don't they teach you how to do percentages around the 6th grade?

4 miles, times 5280 ft per mile = 21120 feet.

1300 feet of climbing divided by 21120 feet travelled = 6.15% grade
I never paid any attention in class from Middle School all the way through College. I cheated on almost all my exams and graduated....yet, I got better grades then those who I cheated off of.

Now that I'm working, I'm glad I never retained any knowledge from school. I've used about 10% of what I've learned in school from 1st grade through senior year in college.

But I'm glad you were taught how to do percentages in 6th grade. You are a resource of info for me. I get though life by surrounding myself with resourseful people. It worked so far. I have a doctor for my medical needs, an attorney for my legal needs, a CPA for my tax needs, etc. and I have you for my hill grade calculation needs.

Thanks again for your calculation.

Originally Posted by Forced
Renting a Specialized, thats cool. You can test out that bike and see if it's a future upgrade.....
We are going there on August 7th. We all are bringing our own bikes but I will check out the rental joint just to see what they have. It would be very cool to check out how other bikes respond on the trail instead of a bike store parking lot.

I'm excited to go.
I think there are two bike shops that rent out bikes within a 100ft of each other. The shop that we went to only rents Specialized Rockhoppers. Let me know which trail you go on. You’ll be having a lot of fun.

Hopper/Juniper…..yeah, I learned the hard way. My boys got slapped with rapid firing shots. Ouch! I would go out and get a mountain bike, but the problem is…..there aren’t a lot of trails around NYC. For this trip, I had to drive 2+ hours there and 2+ hours back. I will definitely do it again though!