Old 03-16-12, 08:54 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by mcafiero
OK, so you want me to bring the Gios and leave the Dolan at home as to not irritate the elitists Masters racers? Come on man, I'm not there to impress anyone, I am just having fun and I like gear. It's not like anyone there is training for the Olympics. If people have a problem with what I ride in a race, to them I say, "get a life", there is more to life than Masters track racing. I have a life outside of cycling and quite frankly, I don't hang with other cyclists except for a few people. I prefer hanging out with my "general interest" friends. So I feel pretty immune to whatever elitist attitudes that exist in Masters racing. Those guys are the people who are pretty silly if you ask me. And if you judge me because I am riding a bike that I would maybe like to grow into and because I got a killer deal on a race wheel and so I decided to use it, instead of the fact that I am a nice guy who is out there just to have a little fun and enjoy a hobby, then I feel that you have some issues with your own self-esteem. That elitist BS is enough to make me want to go back to trail running, so hopefully I won't find it to be too present this season. I'd hate for that to spoil my experience.
Dude. I'm not attacking you. I was just offering some friendly advice. I'm not judging you. I mean that sincerely.

It's not a Masters thing. Actually the masters will generally have nicer gear than Juniors or Elite. This is because they generally have more money for their hobbies.

I'm not saying use the Gios over the Dolan. Definitely use the Dolan if that's your #1 race bike for this season.

I'm talking about using the fancy wheels for a clinic.

Ever see the guy with the monopod holding up the 80-200mm lens? Or the guy with the EOS 1Ds with 3 prime lenses shooting his kids birthday party at Chuck E Cheese?...when he has a nice P&S in his bag. Sort of overkill, right?

Again, I'm just offering some friendly advice Ride what you want, man.