Old 03-16-12, 09:04 PM
Hill-Pumper

Bikes: 2016 Niner RLT Steel, 2015 GT Grade Carbon 105, 2014 NS Bikes Eccentric, 2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today's ride, letting the cross bike play!

I'll have to admit that I have may have been a bad cyclo-cross bike owner. I have made it do all the bike jobs that are not fun. I put a rack on it and made it a commuter. It sees all the fowl weather and anything I deem as a training ride. Meanwhile, the road bike gets all the fun group rides, along with the organized rides. Then the mountain bike gets an almost weekly ride on single track. Granted, the CX bike does what I ask of it well. It is a workhorse that a friend of mine called the Tank. It rolls over decent size debris and weighs in at 29 pounds. Sort of fitting I guess. Today though, the ride was letting the CX do what it was built to do. There have been quite a few wind storms here lately, so the roadside is littered with broken limbs and such. Also, I wanted to ride the river trail, which means mud. I could not have picked a better bike for the fun job today. So are a few pictures of today's FUN!

My ride started on our nasty gravel road.

After 3 miles of pavement, I was on the trail.

The wind storms had knocked down some trees like this one. I did manage to get through this without dismounting from the bike.

Just a shot of my steed by the Willamette river.

The trail ride was cut short when I came to this. The river had flooded over and I did not want to risk going through.

I back tracked to the road and went across the bridge to a local park. The river is high enough that it is covering part of the park. I let the Jake dip its back tire into the river for fun.

After the park I hit the pavement and did some hill training on the road, but honestly, who wants to see pictures of the road. So, the Jake does what it always does, got me back home without a whimper, but today, with a little more fun thrown in.

Last edited by Hill-Pumper; 03-17-12 at 10:11 AM.