View Single Post
Old 03-17-12, 11:32 PM
teamdonterri

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SWorks, Specialized Enduro Pro, KHS Milano Tandem sold, Calfee Tetra Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
We did the local time trial series on the Tandem last night. I'm finding I like time trialing on the tandem better than on my single bike.

The teamwork aspect of it is rewarding, the shared suffering and support helps, and you're not fully accountable yourself for a bad time.

No other tandems were there, so no apples to apples comparison, but we did have the second fastest time (although the guy with the best time, a local Cat 1 with the course record, put a minute on us.)

We ended up at 14:52 for the 6.5 mile course.

The rest of you that time trial on your tandems, thoughts about aero set up on the tandem, wheels and other equipment, pacing, any other issues unique to time trialing on the tandem?
I know what you mean about the teamwork of the tandem in time trialing. We did the Palm Desert Century in November that had a 15mile up hill time trial to Chricao Summit from mile 35 to 50. Also no other tandems to compare to so we won the class, but we managed nearly 15mph at an avg grade of 5% for the course. There was some suffering but we found it quite an acheivement as a team to do.