View Single Post
Old 03-18-12, 06:58 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
(*%^$) fairy visited---Twice.

Out on a ride this morning and it was on the Pinnie. Had to call into a Plant Nursery to sort things and rode the bike across a Rough track. Sorted the jobs and went to start and the (*%^$) fairy had visited the rear tyre. OK---Spare tube and on our way again. 1/2 mile later and the front tyre got visited this time.

Now I know I have enough experience to carry spares and a puncture repair kit but the wedge I have on this bike is just big enough for a tube and 2 levers so I had put a few of the "NON GLUE" patches in the wedge. They don't work so it was phone call time.

The tyres on this bike are the OM Pinarello ones and on taking the tyre off the rim- I noticed how thin they are. They still have the patterning on them so there is no way they are worn. The flint fell out of the tyre as I touched it and it was minute--But big enough to go through the tyre and cause a problem.

So back home and I have just sorted the Handbuilt wheels to go on it. The tyres on these wheels are some badly cut up Michelin PR2's and are up for replacement. Looked through my stock of Old tyres and these have come off bikes because they are getting thin. They have more meat on them than The OM Tyres supplied on the Pinnie.

So up for 4 more tyres--AGAIN. 2 to replace the OMs on the Pinnie and two to replace the ones on the handbuilts that really do need replacing. And a bigger wedge that will take a puncture repair kit aswell as two tubes.

So a pic on the ride this morning before the (*%^$) Fairy visited me- Or it may have been while as this was taken in the yard at the nursery

Spike Milligan