Old 03-20-12, 01:10 AM
pullup

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
^^^ Now there is a Batavus build like I have never seen. Very industrial looking crank and FD combination and i like the whole colour scheme. ( maybe except for the bell)

@ Elev12k The 'campagnolo' is slightly bigger, we talked about it a little bit and agreed he would put just campagnolo over there because he had that mask ready.
I will probably fill the cut outs with silver paint, matching the panels as they were originallylike that, and fill the seat lug andreas crosses with either white or silver.
Heijchroom it was, the other chroming business I found in Amsterdam is in a proces of renovating until the summer. Actually I am not terribly satisfied with the end result, the chrome looks still a little bit thin and I can see little dents in the fork I didn't notice before. But perhaps I was expecting to much, I'll see how it holds.

I have done some filing on the fork already and had to do some retapping as the former owner mistreated the fork to make it fit. (kind of the same indifference to what he did with the sloppy red paint) He cut it, but not straight at all and made a mess ) I think most Prestos have a longer fitting fork, but luckily it is ok like it is now.