View Single Post
Old 03-22-12, 02:15 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,732 Times in 886 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Dropped the daughter (and trailer) off at day care on the way to work this morning. Still trying to get her used to it. She doesn't seem to mind riding in it (it also converts to a stroller and jogger), but once you put the helmet on her, she freaks out. I've been trying to get her used to the trailer (going for walks with her in it sans helmet), but this was the first time in a week or so I tried pulling her in it as a trailer. She seemed calm until I got that helmet on and then she got upset. I took off to see if she'd calm down. She did after a little bit, but when we got to the day care I found out why - she'd managed to pull the helmet off. The ride into work was great though. More and more other people riding out on the streets. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Glad to see other people out there, but in a way it was nice when I had the bike lane mostly to myself. And we're getting to the point of the year when I have to stop riding on the esplanade.
Sounds like the helmet is the problem. Is she willing to wear it and simply play (absent the trailer)? It could as simple as something that pinches or rubs, or perhaps the weight of it. (Apologies for wallowing in the obvious...)

rod