Thread: Yup, the bus.
View Single Post
Old 03-22-12, 06:13 PM
RVD72

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Trek 6500, Brompton M6R, Dahon Speed D7, TidalForce S-750 custom, Breezer Uptown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I still take the bus sometimes. I've been averaging about twice/wk on this commute. I usually take my electric bike for 1 day when I have to get home early, etc. And I still drive around 2 days/wk for days when I have to go somewhere far after work for dinner, etc.

the nextrip app is nice but it was down yesterday morning which was really annoying.

Yesterday was my worst trip to date. I rode my bike for 4 miles to get to the culver city bus stop. Bus was supposed to arrive at around 6pm but there's no nextrip for culver city buses so who knows. it didn't get there until around 6:25 so it was a really long wait. got on the bus and got off at lax where i had another 20+ minute wait. it was more than 2 hours door to door (about 2:20) in this ordeal. definitely not worth it if it takes that long.

at the culver city stop, i got so sick of waiting after 20 minutes that i was getting ready to just ride my bike home. the 2 hispanic guys at the bus stop with me were like "hey bus is coming"...i guess they have better vision than i do because i couldn't see it. but sure enough, the bus slowly appeared into view for me about 30 seconds later.

i think this would be usable if the bus arrival times were more predictable. nextrip is great but i found that it's about 2-3 minutes off sometimes which is good enough for me. but they just don't have it for culver city which sucks.