Old 03-22-12, 06:21 PM
Niles H.
eternalvoyage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sareybelle
some specifics: it's a honeymoon, prefer non-supported, both in good shape minus his occasionally touchy knees. He's toured, I have not, we can both complete centuries with little drama but would probably prefer 30 or 40 miles a day so we can spend lots of time relaxing. His suggestion was Berlin to Copenhagen, which I agree would be great but some part of me also wants to don a swimsuit and be someplace a little warmer. Then again, if it's August in DC maybe I'll appreciate not broiling in 90 degree heat. We're willing to spend a little money since it will be a last hurrah before trying for kids.

Thanks for any recs!
If you and he haven't spent much time on the Pacific coast, it might be worth considering. It's certainly one of the world's greatest cycling routes.

Cycling with loaded bikes in midday summer hot spots is even less pleasant in person than it sounds in words. I would definitely consider finding a route with pleasant July-August temperatures.

It would probably be good to focus on what you both enjoy. If love is in bloom, might as well spend a lot of time enjoying each other's company, and choose a route and a touring style that will be in harmony with that.

Last edited by Niles H.; 03-22-12 at 07:32 PM.