Old 03-23-12, 09:06 AM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Good/Bright Lights=Respect (long)

It is truly amazing the reaction I am getting from runninng strong lights up front on my road bikes. I have fixed mounts to hold torch flashlights on most of my bikes. Also, I am running pairs up front, and yesterday was the first day, that I am running a torch on my helmet.

Let me tell you, the reaction of cars is out of this world. No more cutting/left turn in front of me, in fact, yesterday, I am a good 100 yds away from an intersection, but the car WAITED for me to pass before making their left turn!! On my commute, a lot of times I have to take a full lane, the lights amplify my presence. The torch on top is really doing its thing. The two front torches are aimed downward. One hits the ground about 20 feet, the other a little further out at 30 feet. The torch on my helmet lets me see around the corners and alert my coming.

The torch on my helmet can be used as a horn too, as to alert someone that they are beginning to take my rightaway. Haven't done that yet. I am very aware that these torches are super bright, and handle them accordingly. I am constantly monitoring where they are aimed. Yesterday, a couple cars pulled up beside me, and told me that just wanted to see what it was, those lights. Even from behind, the front lights are showing a bright beam on the ground that is widely seen in directions. This bright spot of the frontward beams can be seen at all angles, front, either side and from behind.

I have found out, I had to get better cells to get better runtimes too. Now, I have better cells, and carry spares.. Daytime, I am blinky.

It is all about being seen, and in turn, making oneself more safer...