View Single Post
Old 03-23-12, 02:43 PM
johnin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I always remove my Ezee battery from the bike to charge it - it fits in a frame bag on the recumbent and in a double decker rear rack on the touring bike - either way it just takes a few seconds to remove it. The battery locks in the rear rack but not in the frame bag - I'm working on a way to lock it to the bike when it's in the bag but as I don't have occasion to leave my bikes unattended for very long it's not a big rush. The double decker rack is available from ebikes.ca, the bag I use is the Revelate Tangle bag in the large size - fits the Ezee battery with room to spare. As far as changing the front wheel to save a little weight occasionally I think you'll get tired of that fairly quickly. The wiring harness from the wheel goes to a pair of connectors about halfway up the fork leg and the connectors are protected by a plastic box with a screw-on cover - all this comes with the kit. So to remove the front wheel you need to unscrew the cover on the box and disconnect the wires, then undo the torque arm and the axle nuts and remove the wheel. This leaves you with the wiring from the box going up the fork leg - I guess you can just put the connectors back in the box and screw the cover back on - I wouldn't bother with all that but I'm not you of course.