Big Lug
Its a Mountain not a Hill

Bikes: Trek 2100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CPW
In Januuary of this year, I stepped onto a scale and was shocked to see that I weighed almost 200 lbs (198 actually) -I'm just shy of 5'8".
I started the Zone diet and within 3 1/2 months, I had lost almost 30 lbs. My low was 169 and I'm now hovering between 172 and 176.5. I've been really surprised how much my weight fluctuates during any given day.
I did all of this w/ diet only and I didn't give up my beloved beer and wine.
Now I seem to have levelled off and I'm finally added excercise to the equation. That's how I ended up here. I've bought a Kona Kikapu Deluxe and a Jamis Quest to try to get some excercise. I can't say if this is helping or not yet. I seem to be getting stronger but no weight loss on the scale yet (muscle heavier than fat?) and it's been so damn hot here over the last weeks (100 deg plus daily) that I haven't been consistent about getting out. I've actually been doing more bike trail rides on an old rigid MTB with an Adams Trail-a-bike and my 4 yr old daughter in tow which is pretty darn good excercise actually.
My goal is to get to 160-165 and stay there and to get some much need cardio fitness as heart issues run in my family (both sides).
Thanks for listening.
CPW
Awesome job Keep it up brother!