Thread: Tomorrows ride.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-12, 06:54 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I hurt now. Did a full days gardening yesterday and Perhaps I should not have gone for a ride. I was aching before I started and it was only Mick. He had some leg strains aswell so we did a gentle pace. Not recovery rate and a bit of work was done- especially as after about 3 miles we caught 3 other roadies that were riding. 5 miles with them at a pace that was just 1mph too fast for me and it was a bit nerve racking. They pointed out every hole- every dip and every bit of debris on the road and this road is bad. I normally keep so I can keep my own eye out but a s the pace was higher- I kept in line. In the end I gave up on the line and rode 2 abreast.

Just as I was thinking I'll slow down- they took another route so me and Mick could ride our own ride. Another 10 miles and it was Breakfast-Full fry up of Eggs- bacon- sausage- Tomatoes and Mushrooms. Lovely.

15 miles on the route back and it was fairly flat across the marshes. Headwind in places but I just followed Mick and got him to drop a couple of gears to raise his cadence. It did the usual and his speed with a higherr cadence went up by 2 mph--but I was getting a tow so no problems. His cadence went from around 80 to around mine of 90 to 95 and he did say he preferred it.

But got home- 30 miles at 13.6 mph and I am stiff. Back aches a bit but that is not the bike- Thighs are like lead but the knees are fine. Glad I went out but need that bath now.

Spike Milligan