KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Moulton Question

I'm new to Moultons and their pricing...this seems high, but I don't really know. What do these typically sell for?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/2914975646.html

Alex Moulton Spaceframe Beauty - $1900 (petaluma)
Date: 2012-03-24, 5:38PM PDT
Reply to: rf3j8-2914975646@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

As the pictures document, this is a pretty damn-near pristine Moulton APB 9-speed.

I bought it about five years ago from the original owner; he purchased it in the U.K., to his specifications.
I forget the exact year of manufacture (2000, I think) , but I'll root around in my papers. . .

This is not the "separable" model, nor the AM model which uses arcane 17" wheels, or some such. These are common 20"
sized wheels and tires (406) which are used by Dahon, Bike Friday, recumbents. . . The wheelset is however, pretty trick:
Aerospoke--I'll let you google/price what these wheels alone cost!

I had another Moulton which I rode; I bought this one for my wife. . . but she never rides it, hence the sale.

Specifics:
--"One size fits (nearly) all." It is adjusted now for my six feet. . . My wife is 5'-0" and she can comfortably ride it too.
--Reynolds 531 "Designer Select" tubing.
--9-speed SRAM derailleur with twist grip shifting. (Front derailleur is only there as a 'chain keeper': to prevent the chain from falling off.)
--Titanium flat--well, they do have a very slight (made that way) bend in them--handlebars.
--Jeffrey Richman fillet brazed stem.
--Brand new Brooks B17 black saddle.
--Front and rear racks (the front has a little wear since it came off my older Moulton).
--The matching rear bag shown in some of the pics is not included in the base price (We can talk about it, but I know this would fetch a pretty penny on eBay).
--Front and rear suspension, of course.
--Beautiful deep purplish-blue paint job.
--Tektro V-brakes and levers.
--Cane Creek barends.
--Kickstand.
--Flat pedals (not pictured).
--A bell!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0