Old 03-26-12, 11:06 AM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pick
Good lord, man. Raleighs...sheesh. Pretty impressive you have those bad boys...I stopped riding the Raleigh I had back in '73 when I discovered there were real road bikes out there...that was in '75. How heavy are those flashlights on the bars??
Well, as you can very well see by my sig, I am a Raleigh nutcase!!

The one in the back, is my 79 Raleigh Comp GS, as I got two of them exactly alike. This is the taller one (62)and the one my son gave me over 30 years ago. This the first one of all the bikes in my sig. Let me tell you, I am on it today.. It as really amazing how good of a ride this old bike gives up.. Since I am running all those lights, and a big kid, I left for work at 5:30 am in the morning. Don't need to be to work until 8:30 am.. I rode, rode, and rode some more. Must have done about 25 miles in the dark this morning.

Those two torches up front, I have neatly aimed at 20 to 30 feet out in front, and rightfully so. On the helmet, I have this 26650 baby, and this morning I learned that this thing can through a beam upward of three city blocks and more!!!! I rode in some dark areas where there was nothing but trees, and that torch on the helmet just threw. I had to be careful, because houses three blocks away, this thing was shinning in their windows!!!!

The ride was so super this morning, and the 26650 torch on my helmet was so awesome, as soon as I got to work, I started searching for another 26650 torch. Found one, ordered it..

I was a half a block away from an intersection, I had the rightaway, don't you know the car waiting for me to pass!! Most of the time, they look, some may see the bike, some may not, makes no difference, they take your right away anyway. Not anymore..