Old 07-25-05, 05:15 PM
sunmle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Training for the MS150 ride?

Hi All,
I'm brand new here, hoping to get some training tips. I've just recently gotten more into riding (I have a very old Trek730 hybrid, but with thinner tires than it originally came with.) I did a 62 mile ride a few weeks ago, took about 5 hours. I've just started doing long rides two days in a row (like 30 on Sat, 25 on Sun, etc.)

Anyway, I've got 9 weeks to go to get ready for a much longer ride, the MS150. It's 75 miles two days in a row, completely flat. I'm quite confident I can do 75 miles one day. (I've actually done this ride before - but only the first day.) I've never been able to do that second day - or I should say I've never tried.

Though I've been getting miles in, and doing the stationery bike during the week at the gym, when my work schedule won't allow for getting outside during daylight. I would just like to get more organized and plan out an actual training schedule. I really don't know what I should be doing to get where I need to be.

How do I build up to get stronger and faster? Also, while I can do okay on flat, when I hit a hill I practically grind to a halt, and am left in the dust with whoever I'm riding with. It's quite embarrassing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
~mle