View Single Post
Old 03-28-12, 05:43 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked 1,287 Times in 858 Posts
Originally Posted by big chainring
I think you have the right era. Bike boom classic. Great color. Nice that its all original.

That would be awesome cleaned up and tuned up. My favorite bikes are from that era. Super dependable, great riding bikes. I dont think you can put that bike in a catagorie like touring, racing etc. Its a multi use 10-speed. Siimiliar to a Peugeot UO-8, Raleigh Grand Prix, Motobecane Mirage, etc.

Hey that one would fit me. Box it up and ship it to me and I'll make do with it.
+1

I'm guessing it's high tension "gas pipe" tubing, but a real nice find imo.

I would be anxious to test out it's handling characteristics, especially as I just bought my first Bottecchia on Saturday night.

Mine came with old sew-up tires, so I haven't been out on it yet. Rain stopped today though.

I measured the frame angles at 72 degrees seat tube and73 degrees head tube, so glad I found one in a larger size.
I expect you will find your bike to be a very stable ride, and hopefully it's not sized on the small side for you.
Bottecchia sold a lot of bikes over many years with very few changes year-to-year, but yours looks like an early 1970's bike to me.
Mine is a 1973 model in blue.