Old 03-30-12, 07:25 AM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Keeping an open mind...

No I'm not experimenting with drugs, contemp. music, or gender-bending...

I was riding two days ago and decided to do 2 things I haven't done before.

1. I went down this section of trail the opposite direction that I normally do. For some reason, I've never gone this direction because it normally leads me into a fun section of trail going the other way. I've always looked at dudes going the other way like they were missing out. Nope, it was me. I went the other way and didn't realize the slight DH grade that allowed me to kick up my speed enough to enjoy some jumping and railing that I wasn't even aware was there. A momentum'ous occasion.

2. Twice lately I've encountered 2 "little connector trails" that turned out to be something special. The first one was a little section of trail off to the side that "appeared" to be really short. I finally decided to go that way fo-da-heck-uv-it and it turned out to be alot longer and twisty funn'r than I had anticipated. At the end of it where it merged back into the main, was another little off-shoot connector trail that I knew was short and never took it because of such. I never really saw the bottom section of it b/c it ended up at a really fun little 2-3' rock drop and drops into the lower trail. Really fun.

I guess it's easy to get zoned on where you want to go, riding the well beaten path knowing what fun is ahead...but it's so rewarding sometimes to go explore a trail that doesn't appear to be any fun at all.