Old 03-30-12, 10:29 AM
blt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
If losing body weight was "easier" there wouldn't be 500 products and plans on the market to help you do it. And cheap food is often much more fattening than expensive food. Go buy a pound of 25% fat hamburg and then see what you can buy in a tuna steak for the same amount.

I can type out a 500 word piece in a couple hours, get paid, then saunter down to my bike shop and knock a pound off my bike with the money I earned. Pretty easy. Knocking off an couple of kilos to get ready for the Tour of the Gila is flipping hard by comparison.
To be fair, most people can't go out and work 2 extra hours and have the money needed to knock a pound off the bike.

Also, losing a pound of body weight really isn't that hard. You'll find that the product and plans on the market to help people lose weight don't say, "Lose 1 pound and keep it off!!" Really, not a big deal. For people who are able to maintain their weight (admittedly, not always the easiest thing itself), going down 1 pound and then maintaining it isn't a big deal, no products or plans or lifestyle changes needed. For most, I'm not sure losing 1 pound off the bike through money is easier than losing 1 pound of body weight.

The main thing, though, is that for most of us, it is "easier" to lose 20-25 pounds of body weight than it is to lose 20-25 pounds off the bike. It isn't easy, it is very difficult, but I know I can lose 20-25 pounds of body weight.

When we're not looking at 1 pound, but a lot higher numbers, it is easier to lose body weight than the same amount of bike weight, not because losing body weight is "easy," but because the "difficult" is always "easier" than the "impossible."