AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hermes
AZT, Since you hate gym work, I suggest doing ShovelHD's workout but substitute a couple of full power standing starts in 90 gear inches with complete recovery between sets.
How about 87 gear inches? With a 53 ring, it's either 87 or 93. Of course, with my Q-Rings, it depends on which part of the stroke you measure!

By the way, I don't think I'll ever race on a round ring again. My sense is that my power just ramps a whole lot better with the Q-Rings. Soft pedaling it seems lower, and then it ramps up higher/faster when I apply torque. I'd be more positive if I sent my Quarq in for a calibration check, or hung weights on it myself to validate the slope, however everything just feels right to me, so I'm going with it. One does have to be very precise with FD adjustment. There is a big gap between the ring and the guide when the smaller diameter section of the ring is passing through, and that make it more susceptible to a chain drop going to the BR if everything isn't spot on. I was shifting very carefully there for awhile, but I have it squared away now.