Old 03-30-12, 05:34 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chasm54
Third, the portion sizes are usually absurd. Watching people have breakfast was sometimes a faintly nauseating experience. I was riding about 60 miles per day and eating a lot, but pancake after pancake with syrup and cream? And I lost count of the number of times I saw doting adults look on with approval as their almost spherical child downed a vast pizza and washed it down with about a pint of Coke. It was not unusual for me to be served a plateful of food that in my view - I am 6'3" and weigh 200 lbs, btw - would have been rather too much for two.
+100

The portions served today are too much even for someone over 6 feet tall. This is why people under 5'8 struggle to remain thin with eating out because there is waaaaay too much for a smaller person. The availability of cheap fattening food in super sizes is what's killing millions of americans.

The other day, a co-worker had a heart at my office and died on the job. The last time I saw him alive, his breakfast alone could have filled me for breakfast and luch. He must have been over 300 lbs.

Last edited by Dahon.Steve; 03-31-12 at 09:59 AM.