View Single Post
Old 04-02-12, 02:11 AM
3speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
^ I agree with you to an extent, but also not. Going to a bike shop isn't like going to Kohls to try on some jeans where no one gives a **** about trying on one of the thousands of articles of clothing there and there are basically just employees to keep things looking clean and keep the racks stocked and you can ask them a question if you can track one down. It's a much smaller shop where the employees are supposed to be knowledgeable, and helpful to each customer, and in a much smaller place with what is supposed to be better personal service. It's kinda like you walking into the smaller shop of a clothes tailor and trying on some of their display coats that they use for fitting measurements just so that you can get your sleeve length and then walking out and going online to buy a knock off suit from China online. You should at least pick up some dress socks while you're there. "My head is protected, my rent is paid, and there is healthy food on [my] table [but screw the bike shop and their time/money]" is soaked with the self-focused attitude that has become "the American way."

The part I understand about what you're saying is the "screw it" attitude if your local shop is that bad. But along with not feeling bad about using them for your fitting needs, maybe you should write the owner an intelligently worded letter letting them know how you feel about it, or ask to speak to the manager and intelligently explain to him/her why you don't spend your money there.