View Single Post
Old 04-02-12, 05:06 PM
Brockster

Bikes: 1992 Gary Fisher Montare, red. 24" Murray mtb now mini-tall bike. 26" Trek 3700.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Smile The Salt Barge

Here's what I have so far...26" Pro Class brand (purple & blue) Outrider women's MTB frame for the front and a NEXT rear triangle (silver) from a 24" NEXT pink girls MTB. Frame supports and rear tire from a boys 24" blue Huffy mtb.
I had a dickens of a time getting that NEXT apart. BOTH sides of the fake three-piece crank had to be hacksawed off.
The NEXT was a CL find, but it was trashed, brakes broken, seat cover slashed and partially cut off, and even the tires has some kind of asphalt or aggregate stuck to them. I just bought it for the triangle and the wheels. The tires will be going on the trike build for my daughter. You can see the rear of the trike in the background.
Now I need to finish the supports and get them welded. Then add all of the other parts. So far, the Huffy & Pro Class were free. The NEXT was $20 bucks, hardware $15, $7 for a new shifter cable, and $20 for the tubing cutter from Lowes, an excellent tool! I want to keep the entire build under $100, if possible. A local bike shop has an olive-brown Trek Transport in their showroom. They want $1250 for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Salt-Mule-600.jpg (63.8 KB, 272 views)