Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by curtismk
Chef: Because I had weighed in on Friday morning, I had let my guard down during dinner on Friday night. The dinner plan for Friday night was supposed to by Chipotle, but when the line was out the door for Chipotle, we went to a local bbq place. I ordered a bbq beef sandwich, and I made it a "combo" which includes a scoop of potato salad and bbq beans. I had let my guard down because I had weighed in earlier in the day. After eating the potato salad and beans, I moved on to what was left of my daughters chicken caesar salad complete with dressing on it! Then on either Saturday or Sunday night, I ate too many reduced fat cheez-its with peanut butter. At the end of the snack, I had no idea how many points I had consumed and I was left to learn the damage when I got on the scale a day or two later. When I weighed myself on Tuesday morning, I was up 2.7 pounds since Friday!! I kept to the program from Monday through to Friday morning when I weighed in, and I was down .2 on Friday morning. So the net effect of my week was down .2 pounds but I had a real spike in my weight during the week. It is best to remain committed to the program each day and resist the urge to revert back to eating habits of the past.
Experiences like this teach us that successful programs like WW depend on long term commitment. Overall, when you reach your goal weight, there will be a lot of "burps" like this in the road. However, the overall result will be what is excellent.