Old 04-04-12, 04:37 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k
38mi this morning/afternoon. Only thing missing was the legs and the magic fairy dust to make all winds tail winds. Smoothest bike I've ever ridden, made most minor road imperfections disappear completely, but never felt sluggish (that was all me). Didn't have the legs to really hammer out of the saddle, so those first impressions will have to wait till later, but climbing in the saddle was smooth, as effortless as I could believe a road bike could be. Acceleration was quick, never felt the rear end even hint at loosing grip with the pavement the few times I did stand on the pedals from a stop. Road from my house here in Allen down to Richardson Bike Mart, put it up on their scale, a hare's hair under 19lbs as currently seen above with cages and pedals. Some lightweight climbing wheels, carbon bits and Super Record I could see this thing dropping 2 lbs without going to crazy extremes, but at 19lbs it's plenty light for what "hills" we have around here, even most of what I'd consider traveling to, and is a solid build that will serve me well for a long time to come.

38mi @ 16.9mph. Total time: 2:14:56, max speed 31.8mph, 1100ft climbing.

To quote Ferris Bueller: "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
It's only a matter of time for me.

Thanks again for all of the outstanding pics and info.