Old 04-07-12, 07:01 PM
idoru2005

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmX
Nice one, when I saw the stats I thought for sure it was GMR->Village, but no....you got the same numbers here in OC. I'm gonna have to go try Silverado...it's not too busy on a weekend?
It's not very busy, but the road is narrow in some sections and there's "locals" traffic. There is a convenience store 1/4 of the way up the climb which is a hub of activity. Maple Springs draws mountain bikers and motorcycles. But for the most part, you have the road to yourself. Most vehicular traffic is used to cyclists on the road.

On Maple Springs trail, there aren't very many road cyclists as the road is rough and gravely in some sections. There are also about 5 or 6 stream crossings (deepest was about 4"). So you have to be cautious. There are large ruts and potholes in some sections, including at the bottom of some steep grades. So on the descent you have to be really careful. It's 3 miles to where the paved section ends. Beyond that you need a CX tires or a mountain bike. The descent rattled my fillings as I'm on an aluminum bike. It would be a good test for your Roubaix!

Here's an album showing this climb:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsantos...7626965538458/

Last edited by idoru2005; 04-07-12 at 07:12 PM.