View Single Post
Old 04-08-12, 12:35 AM
3speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
EDIT: Keeping in mind I already stated that I Do support cyclists on the roads where it is safe to do so...
Originally Posted by prathmann
Still haven't seen any of these "car lanes" you keep talking about.
I can't make someone admit what they're too stubborn to admit.
Originally Posted by Stealthammer
I'd say there is a lot that you've never heard of, so maybe you should do some research. It is legal for bicyles to share the road in all 50 states, so suck it up.
.....and yes, you too should stay on the MUP
How did you miss the part I said about "yes, it's Legal to..., but that doesn't mean you're not a self-centered d-bag in certain situations if you do" or something like that?
Originally Posted by samburger
This thread is awesome. I might have to start selling donut cushions for all this butthurt.
On both sides of the fence.
Originally Posted by MadMechanic
I believe you sir....are the only person who has gotten the point of the thread so far. Thank you for reading what I said correctly and not jumping to conclusions
We are in a forum for biking. It's only logical to guess how many people feel about it. Just like it would be the opposite if we were in a car forum. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter. I just think it sucks when people are self centered about their opinion. I wouldn't go flying through a school zone at 50mph in my car. Why do Some road bikers think they should block traffic of a high speed road and go 15mph? But we both know the answer to that one.
Originally Posted by DX-MAN
NO, ROADS WERE NOT BUILT FOR CARS -- THEY WERE BUILT FOR THE PUBLIC! And there are NUMEROUS sources that will tell you, PAVING roads was the result of advocacy of 19th-Century CYCLISTS.
I don't know what to tell you if you don't already understand it. Things have changed since 1850.
Originally Posted by DX-MAN
The auto horn is a device designed to alert another road user of imminent danger or hazard, NOT to say, "HEY, I'M BEHIND YOU!" Since another poster has already called BS on you with a source, I'll just say that you seem to be speaking from opinion, not knowledge. Here's a thought: opinions are like sphincters; everyone has one, most all of 'em stink. I teach my kids: "Don't THINK something is a certain way, FIND OUT, so you KNOW."
Your kids would learn better by example. A simple google search will tell you that Many states do infact suggest a horn honk to let a cyclist know you're approaching and your intent to pass(Not sure of WI in particular. Didn't bother searching more after seeing many state government suggestions to give the honk, and knowing they did teach us that in drivers ed class.).

If the cyclist can mosey down a 55mph road in the middle of the lane holding up traffic because "Hey, it's legal, right, so **** everyone else. This is what I want to do and it's all about me." Then why shouldn't I use my DMV/DOT suggested action and give them a horn honk? They're using the fact that it's their "right" as a reason to do something that is inconsiderate of the vast majority of the population. Why shouldn't I use the fact that it's my "right" to do something that's inconsiderate of them and hopefully deter them from being inconsiderate to the rest of us.

Last edited by 3speed; 04-08-12 at 12:51 AM.