View Single Post
Old 04-09-12, 03:07 PM
CraigB
Starting over

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ro-monster
This last time, the multifocal lenses would either give me superb middle and distance vision or superb close and middle vision. Then my doctor's assistant found a brand new type of lens, bitoric lenses. I was the first patient they fitted with them, and they solved that problem perfectly. Might be an option for those who find the multifocals don't work well for them.

I love my eye doctor! They keep trying until they find something that really works.
I'll make a note of that and ask at my summer checkup. I've tried the multi-focal lenses every time they made a "breakthrough" and always ended up going back to my old mono-vision setup, with my dominant (right) optimized for distance and my other for reading. Problem was the reading prescription kept having to get backed off more and more each year so that after about 5 or 6 years with them I had a gap in my vision from about 2 feet out to 6 feet where neither eye saw well. And that's where I've been for a couple of years or so.