View Single Post
Old 04-17-12, 11:33 AM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
A couple of other considerations. I remember a friend saying "Everyone thinks their schools are better." With that in mind, you might check with the districts on specific programs that you're looking for.

I don't have that much experience with the different cycling clubs, but Fort Worth seems to have the edge there. Mainly because they have one club, while the Dallas area is broken up among several (or that's the impression I get.) If you're into serious racing, you might check with specific local clubs to see what their rides are like and choose accordingly.

I work in the H-E-B area and haven't really seen much to commend it for cycling.

I think the references to the airport assume you meant "DFW Airport" rather than DFW area in your original post. If you're flying far away, get close to DFW Airport. If you're flying closer in, you're just as likely to be flying out of Love Field.

The Trinity Rail Express comes from downtown Dallas over to Fort Worth. It's slower than the DART lines, with less frequent trains. Especially avoid a commute that requires you to use BOTH of them. I work in Euless, live in Garland, but I still commute faster by car than I could by DART alone, much less the combination. All other things being equal, less commute time means more family and cycling time.